NOTICE (March 17, 2022)
Council Reduces Tax Increase from $0.06/100 to $0.02/100 for 2022
March 17, 2022: At last night’s Rural Municipality of Belfast (RMB) Council Meeting; Council Members approved an amended Budget that would see the proposed tax increase reduced from $0.06 to $0.02/100.
On the ‘average’ annual Tax Bill put out by the Province; for the Municipal portion only, you should see an approximate increase of about $13 over last year’s Municipal portion.
This Budget includes:
- The removal of the proposed Mosquito Abatement Program; new discussions to be held when more people are allowed to participate;
- $172,500 toward the 2022 Community Grants Awards;
- $56,000 toward the Wood Islands Lighthouse rejuvenation through the Gas Tax Program; and
- $81,726 in previously approved Gas Tax Program projects;
- Which will now make the Municipality fully compliant with the new Municipal Government Act requirements.
Council would like to thank all those that participated in the public process!
CAO – RMB